What is more beautiful, Paris at sunrise or sunset? Maybe you know the answer because we’re confused now. The reason for that is an amazing Instagram of Aurélie (@globalworming) who captures sunrise and sunset moments all over the city of lights. So, we decided to chat with Aurélie to learn her story of becoming a professional photographer.
– Aurélie, tell us your story how you decided to become a blogger/photographer?
– It started mostly with artistic frustration. I am a big fan of art and paintings and through the photos of David Lachapelle I saw that it was possible to paint with a camera and a lot of imagination. Then I discovered street photography through Instagram and I was also amazed by the photographers creativity.
–What do you find the most rewarding about being a blogger/photographer?
– Being recognized in your job is really rewarding and when your customers/partners are happy.
– What would you advice people who are interested in a blogging/photographer career?
– To take photos every day or several time a week, to work hard and to be patient.
– Where do you get inspiration?
– Many people inspire me, photographers, artist, people outside or a situation in every day life.
– What does Paris make so special to you?
– This is the city where you never get bored, there are always things to do. I am always amazed to see the Eiffel tower, the mythical places, the bridges and the architecture. I feel lucky and grateful to live here.
– 3 most exciting places to visit in Paris.
– The essential place is Montmartre because it’s a real time travel. The Bois de Boulogne which is the real lungs of Paris. The third place is the Musée d’Orsay which is an old train station. This place is just beautiful. You can look at the Impressionists inside a train station, another time travel!
– How being in Paris does help you in your goal achievement?
– I don’t know, but I think it helps to be in Paris when we have artistic ambitions because everything is here.
– What do you like and don’t like about living in Paris?
– I like the idea that everything is around me, I like living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I can take a picture of it when I want, where I want. I don’t like when Paris is packed.
– What is your favorite place in Paris where you often come to and why?
– I like to walk around the Eiffel Tower and Montmartre. Couples of places full of history. I especially like Montmartre at sunrise because the view over Paris is magical. And the Eiffel Tower at sunrise and sunset because of the light is just awesome around the iron lady.
– What is on in Paris that is worth a visit?
– The Montmartre museum with its magnificent garden and its Belle Epoque canopy. The garden offers a view of the Montmartre vineyards.
– What would be your advice to anyone who wants to settle down in Paris?
Buy a camera and a navigo pass.
*Photos, grammar and syntax belong to @globalworming