Today we are exciting to have an exclusive interview for My Paris Style with Majell who is widely known for her fascinating pictures about Paris.
– Majell, tell us your story how you decided to become a blogger and who is your audience?
– I’ve dabbled with photography since I was a little girl. My first camera was a 1984 Kodak Fisher-Price Film Camera, which I absolutely loved! Through the years I went through various cameras, never really taking photography seriously, until after my first trip to Paris. I was enamored by the beauty of Paris. I decided to become a serious photographer, practice my craft, and share my experiences and tips on Instagram and my blog.
– What do you find the most rewarding about being a blogger?
– My audience consists of people who have and have not been to Paris and love the beauty the City has to offer. It’s the greatest feeling in the world to be recognized for my work and to have people come up to me and tell me how my work inspires them to go to Paris or that my pictures brings back fond memories of their visit.
–What would you advise people who are interested in an illustrator blogging career?
– Create really good content and engage with your audience. You don’t need to buy the most expensive camera to make a great photo. Go out there and practice taking pictures. It’s the only way to hone your craft.
– Where do you get inspiration?
– Honestly, inspiration comes to me when it does. I’m out there taking pictures from early morning until midnight so I find inspiration everywhere. That’s what makes this City so amazing for a lot of artists.
– Why is Paris so special to you?
– What makes Paris so extraordinary is the vibrant beauty and melange of gastronomy, art, culture, architecture, and history.
– 3 most exciting places to visit in Paris.
– Sainte-Chapelle, Musee d’Orsay, rue Montorgueil (for the food).
“For photo editing I mostly use Lightroom, Lightroom Mobile, Snapseed, SKRWT, and VSCO”
– Do you think Paris helps you to achieve your goals?
– Paris is my muse. It’s amazing how such an inspirational City has helped me connect with people around the world who are just as passionate about Paris as I am.
– What do you like and don’t like about living in Paris?
– Currently, I am not living in Paris. I live in California and visit Paris every 6-12 months. However, my family and I are in the process of buying property in France, particularly in Paris.
– What is your favorite place in Paris where you often come and why?
– I have a lot of favorite places in Paris, but the one place I simply have to visit is Place Dauphine. Place Dauphine has become a place of meditation for me away from the hustle and bustle.
-What is on in Paris that is worth a visit?
– L’Atelier des Lumières has a digital art exhibition that’s definitely worth a visit!
– What would be your advice to anyone who wants to settle down in Paris?
– Make an effort to learn French. It’s a lovely language!
What tools do you use for photo editing?
– I mostly use Lightroom, Lightroom Mobile, Snapseed, SKRWT, and VSCO.
*Photos, grammar and syntax belong to @ruemargaux